Saturday 21 January 2012

And so the journey continues!

So how is it that my first post is the continuation of a journey? Well my journey began some time ago (I am about to turn 35 after all and I'd like to think I've done some living to date!).

Just now though I have a few things on my plate, starting with the Sun Run and Cole Classic in 2 weeks, then home to the UK in March for my cousin Laura's wedding, Easter I hope to be hiking around the snowies, June I hope to host a gala dinner as a fundraiser for my trip to Mt Kilimanjaro with Cure Cancer and Inspired Adventures to raise money for Cancer Research. Not stopping there, in April 2013, I hope to do the Paris Marathon with my friend Ange also with Cure Cancer through Inspired Adventures.

So, although there is much to talk about, right now I need to get onto some advertising for Kili. You can get some more info about our trip at our fundraising website but our first activity (other than what you'll read about on our fundraising page) is to sell First Aid Kits. I'll put up a separtate post with info on what you can get, but if you could please help us by collecting orders, it will really help us get going with our fundraising.

If you can help by collecting orders, drop us a note and we'll get you the flyers and the order sheets.

I'm really looking forward to this year - lots of fundraising activities, starting grad studies at ANU and a bunch of nuttiness to be had with friends (starting with a lazy hottest 100 afternoon this thursday!).

I wonder too, how much money do you think I can raise for Cure Cancer by this time next year? I think I could possibly pull off $25,000 ($2k/month plus $1k to top it up). I'd like to get there - that would be 3 months worth of research!  Ooh...let me just quickly explain why Cure Cancer is important. Cure Cancer sponsored 21 researchers in 2011, but what is unique about that is that they were all new innovative research projects. Finding initial funding is near impossible for medical researchers but once their research is underway, it's much easier to get the much needed funding to continue their research. So...Cure Cancer is all about the initial grants to give us the best possible opportunity to find a cure.

I hope you can help me, help Cure Cancer's researchers find a cure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment